Tuesday, November 06, 2007

MOTHER ON THE EDGE

Where to begin....


This past 6 days have been hell for me- Halloween came, and we were all so excited- and then Curly was not feeling well at school that day- came home and felt worse... fell asleep, and missed Halloween- woke up at 9 p.m. crying that he had missed it- and so I bundled up that little Captain America and we went in search for houses still giving out candy- he managed to get to 4 of them- my heart broke... the next morning Curly was covered in Chicken Pox- 2 days later Pickle came down with them and by far- it was the worst I had ever seen- the pox were so big and she was so sick- she would lie and shake and cry- it was awful... so I have spent that past 6 days bathing 2 pox ridden children twice a day in oatmeal baths, applying anti-itch cream, making soup and patting heads and amusing bored little chicken pox covered children. Curly is a champ though- he is the best patient- he didn't feel badly other than the first day but Pickle, my god was she sick- and the pox were everywhere- between her fingers and toes, even in her cacooch and she cried- "ma, I can't take it anymore!" just awful! And even when Curly had them in his mouth and then they spread inside his eye and I had to rush him into the Dr's to get special drops- he was still a champ about it- he's amazing. So it is winding down now- Curly may be well enough for school by Thursday I am thinking but Pickle- no way not until at least Monday- she is still covered but feeling much much better- and all this while Little Man never got it- he still may of course- because I would love to go through this again in 2 weeks- but so far nothing and he is so good about it- he has to get up every morning and go to school while the other 2 are still snug in their beds- I have a neighbour taking him to and from school because I obviously can't. It's been very rough- exhausting- and of course i have had no help- what else is new huh? So it's been tough...

Tomorrow is my birthday and I will be 36 years old.. the past few days I have felt like 66- maybe this is the year for me- last year at this time CC was still away fucking his girlfriend and partying it up while I was here alone... I don't know what I want anymore- but i know it isn't him and of course that has been my feeling for quite some time now- maybe this year of my life I will finally have the balls to do something about it...

2 comments:

Patty said...

Thanks for sharing the video. Tell your Josh that my Josh missed his first Halloween because he had the chicken pox, and tell Becca that my daughter had the exact same comforter when she was a little girl!

Hang in there Jenna, they will all be in school again and the holidays are just around the corner. We all know how much you love Christmas!

Happy birthday!

cjtato said...

I know it's mean to laugh but seriously, Pickle is sooo much like my daughter. ROFL

Just in the way she was telling you what you should do with the baking soda! LOL

And, you, trying to be so serious without laughing!

OMG! I now know what to expect should AJ ever come down with a dose of chicken pox. Schmoo, on the other hand, would be very much like Curly.

Hope they get better real fast and the third musketeer doesn't get them.