Sunday, January 10, 2010

I call Bullshit....

I don't mean to sound like a broken record- but I miss Dad like crazy. It is absolutely inconceivable to me that he is dead- That we will go through the rest of our lives never seeing him or talking to him again- that He is removed from the face of this earth- it is just fucken crazy to me- Still, the mere mention of his name brings me to tears- still the mere thought of him being dead makes me ill- and the realization of it all has not fully taken its toll I think, and truthfully, I don't think it ever will- it just seems to unreal- like this couldn't have possible have happened- there is no way he is dead and that he is not going to call any second and ask me to come and cut his hair or ask if CC has done this or that around the house - it just does not seem possible...

1 comment:

cjtato said...

Aaaah Jen. It takes such a long time. I don't think you will ever forget or get used to the idea.

My best friend's father passed away when we were 25 and he was like a father to me too. I still miss him so much sometimes it hurts to even think about it. I miss that he has never met my husband or children and he's not here for advice or to give me praise and tell me I'm doing a good job like I know he would. My best friend still misses him like crazy and sometimes it seems harder the more the years go by.

BUT the rawness of it all does fade, I promise!

It's really tough. Hang in there. It does get easier.