Friday, October 13, 2006

DESPERATION OR STUPIDITY??!!

OK so here's me- after the news about my uncle (which incidentally has nothing to do with smoking because he hasn't for over 30 years) I have decided, though I have spoken of it before and though I truly do enjoy it, and though if I didn't smoke I would most certainly drink (you deal with 4 year old triplets!) to quit smoking once and for all. And even though (jesus, is that the word of the day or something?) I fear gaining weight, I shall try... SO my new strategy???? Hypnosis/subliminal therapy. I have- now get this- burnt myself a CD that I shall play tonight whilst (yes, that is a word and quite frankly I love it) I sleep that will trick me or subconsciously make me not smoke anymore- yes you heard it right- after this evening, I shall wake up refreshed, reborn and without the cravings of a cigarette! Yes, that is right, - As of tomorrow I will be a non-smoker. And I have listened to the cd already just to make sure there are no hidden things in it like "when you hear the word GO you will cluck like a chicken" or any such things like that- In fact, as I understand it, if I even so much as put a cigarette to my mouth I WILL VOMIT. Yes. That is what I have been told. That is what my subconscious will hear tonight- I SHALL VOMIT if I try to smoke... right.. so this is it then. I'm good to go- I'm all set- yep... I'm off to the races- ready to start a new day as a non-smoker... yep... that is me- Jenna the non-smoker- smelling fine, tasting food normally, bye bye to morning coughing fits- hello to smoke free living- .. yep... ok... places your bets.....

2 comments:

Patty said...

By the way... I LOVED all the pics from Thanksgiving. One of my favorites was your little batkids! Thanks for sharing them with us.

Ok, Mrs. non-smoker, I believe in you! Your thoughts create your reality, so here and forever more you will be known as a girl/woman that used to smoke.

Even if you do gain weight, you will still be doing your body a great favore by giving up the cigs. Who knows, your body might be so happy to be smoke free it might give you a thank you present of weight loss. It could happen... Remember your thoughts creating your reality.

Just before calling 911 yesterday, I was telling myself "I am healthy and injury free." I am fine now, but you can read all the gory details in my next post.

Here is another mantra for you....

Finish strong!

b said...

You can totally do it! Sometimes you just need the right inspiration. (Now how do I find that inspiration to lose weight?)

Good luck!

-b