Sunday, September 23, 2007

INCREDIBLE LITTLE YOU

OK I know my kids are smart- and I know all parents think their kids are smart- but get a load of what Little Man said to me just now... it just absolutely amazes me how their minds work- they are so amazing to me...

So for some reason Little Man asks me about who "invented" animals- he asked me that if there were no people yet- where did the first animals come from? And of course I could go into the whole God thing but do we really know that to be true? Could there not be another explanation for it that I could tell him that makes sense and that wouldn't impose on religion in any way? So I paused and instead I just said- you know what, I am not sure, maybe we should investigate and look it up and see what answers we can find... so then he says " I know ma- maybe the sky laid an egg and it fell on the ground and that was the first animal! And I said, you know what? Maybe you are right!

Now isn't it incredible- that a 5 year old little boy could have such deep thoughts about such things- he is right about animals being here first- and well, hey- if there were no people around to "invent them"- how the hell did they get here anyway! I dunno- I just think that was pretty damn clever of a little one to think such things.. my kids RULE!!!!

1 comment:

A Girl Called Chandler Bing said...

Too Cute! Have you had to cope with the "how did I get into your tummy?" question? I have! My answer...."the doctor put you there to grow"....not a lie....and then he asked, "well how did I get out?"....to which I then replied again...."the doctor made a little cut in my tummy and pulled you out"....also not a lie! LOL! Then he wanted to see if I had a scar....that's where I drew the line on this conversation! I LOVE THIS AGE!