Saturday, September 01, 2007

REWIND>>>>>

Ok so I know I have yet to blog about the wedding and well, anything else that has happened in the last 2 weeks so here it goes...

Bottom line, I got a dress, which I didn't get to try on because they were locking the doors so I took a chance and bought it anyway and got one like 2 sizes too big and even though it was kinda cute, the way the dress is cut- and the size of my enormous jugs, I think I looked pregnant, like it was like a maternity dress or something... anyway at that point I didn't care. So off we went, got to the hotel and changed and shit and listened to the MIL go on about this and that as usual. The ceremony was short and odd, I thought, but whatever- then we quickly went back to the hotel and MIL had a costume change (like what are you?A celebrity? You have to wear a different outfit at the reception? How vain!) anyway then before the reception started we went to CC's aunt and uncles (the parents of the bride) Now these people have some serious cash man- they have like 15 horses, stables, acres and acres of land- the whole bit- just gorgeous. I think though, they are the type of people who have money but have no money you know? Anyway it was nice, and I interacted with all of his relatives and stuff, but the talk was all about how much this costs and that was this much and OHHH I HATE that- I think it is rude anyway to talk about such things- but they just do it I guess to show off- So we took some family pictures and stuff, ate some whorederves and was even served by a handsome strapping young man at the "bar" so then off we go to the reception and I was slightly confused when I walked in - It looked like a school gym- honestly, down to the basketball outlines on the floor- I was shocked- I expected to enter a palace for christ sakes with the way they went on.. Anyway whatever- so we get seated with some other cousins- seemed cool at first - and I tried to have a good attitude and go with the flow- so I started drinking.. I got about 4 into me which is a lot for me (out of plastic beer cups to boot don't ya know- tacky!) and then they announce that dinner will be served soon and that the bar will be closed during dinner- that's cool I can handle that- but then they say- After dinner, the bar will reopen as a CASH BAR!!! Ok I know it is expensive for booze at a wedding- I know mine was but first of all if you are going to have a cash bar- then you have to warn people ahead of time- there was a scattering of people flooding out onto the streets looking for bank machines- ridiculous... Secondly- if you are going to brag about how much money this was and how you special ordered this from this country and flaunt your horses and mansion for everyone too see- you don't then have a cash bar at your daughter's wedding- Sorry- you just don't - brutal!! So they put wine on the tables-( which I do not drink) and we all waited for dinner- and waited and waited- by the time dinner was over- it had been 3 hours since the bar was closed and I was beyond drinking at that point. CC on the other had was not- along with the beers before dinner and the rye and gingers, he and another guy at our table polished off 3 full bottles of wine during dinner and then I found out he also went out and smoked a joint with one of his trailer trash cousins- (note: remember earlier I had said I thought they were cool "AT FIRST") So anyway I went out at one point and smoked one too- ok when I say smoked by the way, I don't mean I smoked a whole joint- I had a drag, and for me, that does it- I had a drag and I am good to go. As the evening progressed, things got worse, CC was hammered and talkative- annoyingly talkative- but it wasn't with me so I guess it shouldn't matter but he gets like annoying- where you can tell the person he is talking to is trying to be polite and listen but they really don't want to be there anymore and he just keeps talking- ugg I hate that- so he's off talking to relatives, trapping people and I am sure repeating himself a million times which he also always does. At this point, I have been "trapped" by one of his aunt's at least a dozen times when I had gone out for a smoke- at first I didn't mind- she was and is the black sheep of the family- a drug addict, always the one in trouble, not a tooth in her head looser etc etc- so apparently this is the first family function she had been invited to in years because no one wants anything to do with her- she had been clean for a while- and maybe that is why she was invited this time, but man alive- she sure wasn't clean that night- At first I could tell she had a lot to drink- whatever- get it in ya - but then as the night wore on I could see it was much more than that- typical Meth-head characteristics for sure- what a fucken freak. She was literally making me gag just to look at her- and she found me wherever I was- smoking, the bathroom, anywhere! And she was just like CC in that she repeated herself constantly and would not let me leave! I was so uncomfortable, and she was making me sick and every time someone came out for a smoke whether I knew them or not I looked at them with those eyes- you know the "CAN YOU HELP ME PLEASE" eyes- and no one did- especially not CC- he is the worst "date" ever- I know he hadn't seen some of these people in years and years and he was drunk- but never thought to see where I was or what I was doing or if I was ok or anything- but that is CC what do you expect- so anyway meth head kept touching me and hugging me and holding onto me and I couldn't talk- no no- she wouldn't let me finish a sentence- if I excused myself to go the bathroom she followed and waited outside my stall- she cried on me and started telling me stuff I don't want to know about- I don't care- and I just felt dirty, I wanted to go and take a shower every time I finally got away from her- And she would say things like " I love hugging you because I love the smell of your hair" Or asking me to lift up my dress a bit so she could look at my legs and shit like that- just dirty druggie nasty comments, I hated it-. So soon it became apparent that CC was hammered beyond anything else... it was just after midnight and he started asking me if we could leave- well thank god... I went and got his dad and got him to drive us back to the hotel- So on our way to the car- his 2 cousins, the ones who we sat with, trapped us in the parking lot and it was just vile. They were both pissed drunk and started hugging CC and taking his wallet and phone and just like all over him and I was like hello people COUSINS- you nastys! It just bothers me when people get like that- like simma down na- you are fucken related and you are like groping him and shit- and then of course CC was loving it- anything for attention from women cousins or not I guess- so we finally get out of there and get back to the hotel and we (or at least I ) was starving so I ordered a pizza- CC passed out within seconds of course and I ended up staying up for 2 more hours waiting for the fucken pizza to come and then they fucked up my order and forgot half of it and I had to wait up another hour for the rest of it so i didn't get to sleep until after 3 a.m. I was tuckered. The next morning we went back to the aunt's house for "brunch" which was nice actually and we stayed for a few hours. Oh, did I mention that at the wedding his uncle hit on me? Oh yes, talk about awkward- his married 50 some odd year old uncle asked me to dance, he is like well over 6 foot tall and I am well, not and so anyway we were dancing and small talking and then we go back to the table wherein he has his hand on my thigh and telling me how beautiful I am and how we really really need to spend more time together and get to know each other more.... ewwwwwwwwww..... and again.. no one saved me... so the moral of this story is- just when you think your family is bad- take an intimate look at someone elses' !! It was ok thought- more or less, I just enjoyed being out you know- but I hope no one else in his family is getting married anytime soon.....

No comments: