Tuesday, September 25, 2007

THE WELCOME MAT

So this is not intended to be a pity party or a poor me post- just my way of venting even though I should be venting to the very person I am pissed at..

So I have become, or shall I say, I remain, the family doormat- walk all over me please! And make sure and wipe your feet real good too whilst you step on me- just to rub it all in a bit more. I am being and have been and suppose forever will be, taken advantage of by certain members of my family. Other than my sister, no one ever calls me for any reason at all- even birthdays- unless they need something whether it be legal advice (5 years ago BB -before babies-, I was a legal secretary and everyone still seems to think that not only do I keep up with all the changing laws and procedures, but that in fact I am an actual lawyer) or babysitting- which is what my beef is about today. Oh just call Jenna- she doesn't have anything to do all day- she'll babysit- and like a schmuk- I say yes- every fucken time even when I don't want to. BB I used to babysit my niece up to 3 times a week. At the time I was desperate for a baby- and loved nothing more than being with her- but once mine came along- needless to say I had no time or any more hands to babysit other people's kids, yet the requests still came and still come.. Like I don't have enough on my plate!!! How selfish are some people! When my babies were little- and even now I might add- I never got any help from anyone- ever! I didn't get any relatives coming over to help out or to give me a break - not once did they ever call and ask me if I needed a hand with laundry or cooking or god forbid watching a baby for me - I had 3 !!! Anyway I don't want to bring up old shit because that is long past- and they all deserted me when I needed them most and I can say with head held high that I did it alone and I did it well- but any way here again I get a call from one of my relatives asking me to babysit tomorrow-not one, not 2 but 3 of them- so now I will have 6 kids under the age of 7 tomorrow!! Oh but wait- it gets better: Niece #3 who is 1 year old will be here at 8:40- at 8:45 I have to bring my kids to school- so off I go with all 4 of them. At 10:50 I have to take Niece #3 to pick up Niece #2. At 11:40 I take Niece # 2 & 3 to pick up my 3 for lunch- at 12:40 I take Niece # 2 & 3 to bring my kids back to school. At 3:05 I take Niece 2 & 3 to pick up Niece #1 and at 3:35 I take Niece 1, 2 & 3 to pick up my 3 from school.....WTF!!!!!! So there you go- what a fucken idiot I am - no one will do it for me but I am expected to do for everyone else- it sucks so badly- my family are a bunch of selfish people... and one day- oh yes one day very soon- they will be sorry in one way or another- it'll all come back on them ! Ok I know I sound like a little 10 year old right now but i don't care- you'll be sorry! you'll all be sorry you used me and treated me like shit! You'll see!! You will all see!!!! (ok picture me on the floor kicking and screaming because that is exactly what I feel like doing right now!!) AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

cjtato said...

You poor thing. It wouldn't be so bad if you could all just stay at home but to have to be in and out all day, and mostly for someone else's kids is a bit harsh.

Hope you survive. And, yes, you really must speak up otherwise you can't complain about not being heard, ya know?

Should probably use that piece of advice for myself sometimes. I'm not feeling like Ms Invisible for nothing. LOL

Have a good day....

Patty said...

It starts with two little letters strung together Jena...N and O...NO! And now that I have given you such sage advice I have to confess to not having learned how to string them together myself. I let myself get ran over and then hate myself for it. At least it sounds like you are hating in the right direction, them and not yourself!