Tuesday, August 08, 2006

I STAND CORRECTED

Ok well, mmm... how can I say this? Ummm well, I was wrong- dead wrong. The weekend was great- we did everything together and there was no sitting around wasting time watching hours of tv. We went out, did some shopping, took the kids for lunch - took them to an arcade and mini-golf which they loved- had a good old fashion barbecue- we did it all- and it was nice he didn't make one attempted to call his friends and go golfing or out- - he seemed quite content to be where he was- which never seems to be the case. So it was nice- but it went by so fast. Ok and get this- when he left and we were all saying good bye I got all veclempt and tears welled up in my eyes and I couldn't talk in fear of breaking down. I don't know if it was because of the kids- and how they were all hugging him and telling him they will miss him, or if it was because I will miss him, or maybe because I was sad that things couldn't always be the way they were this past weekend, - I don't know why- but I teared up- and he saw it too- I know he did (but you know men- can't handle emotion- let's pretend we didn't see anything) anyway it was strange- I thought about it a lot yesterday as to why- and I don't really know... but anyway it was good weekend afterall- although I blew my diet totally..... sigh... oh well, it's a new day....

1 comment:

Patty said...

Boy and I happy you were wrong!

Somtimes, when things are just too good, I get sad at the thought that nothing ever stays the same. I never go to "things could change for the better," it is more to "It will go back to being what it was before, and I don't want it to." Just greedy I guess!

P.S.
Don't be on a diet, because then you can be off of a diet. Be on a healthy eating plan that allows for unhealthy eating days every now and then without the guilt. By taking out the guilt you might find it easier to have more healthy eating days than unhealthy ones.