Thursday, June 07, 2007

CARNIVALS AND CAROUSELS

So tonight the in-laws came over with the intention to take the kids to the park etc and get them out of my hair for a while- and of course CC had more important things to do like GOLF- so I had a couple of hours to myself but sadly had nothing to do! Always the way huh? So anyway I ended up going over to this video game store and bought the boys a couple of new video games which are really for them- not for me.. no.. certainly not for me! So afterwards I went over to this shoe store and even though I HATE Shoe shopping which has got to be some kind of genetic abnormality, I got myself a new pair of shoes. Just like summer slip on runners you know- nothing fancy- So it just so happens while I am at said shoe store I look up and see before me a CARNIVAL!!! Yee ha! I love carnivals- I don't know what it is about them- I am not big on rides- like scary rides ( I used to be but that vanished very quickly the older I got) its just the whole feel of it- the atmosphere. Now, I know what you are thinking- and no- I did not ever nor will I ever wish to be a carnie- no no.. not me- but I just love being around the noise and the smell of popcorn and candy apples and the nice nice rides like the Ferris wheel and such- I don't like the games or anything- but anyway unimportant.. so there I sat- in the parking lot and just stared at the carnival and drank my Timmies coffee and smiled.. I remember when I was like 12 or 13 when my dad first came back into the picture, he took me to a carnival at Morningside Mall and he won me a Duran Duran mirror and even though I hated Duran Duran and still do, I pretended that I loved them because he had won it for me- I still have it too- that was a fun night... shame.. Anyway- that was the extent of my evening and now I am trapped in video game hell with my boys and it is almost 11 and I must get them off so they can go to bed... Good night to all.. I will be dreaming of the carnival and cotton candy and carousels....

No comments: