Sunday, June 03, 2007

LETTERS NEVER SENT 2

Dear ___________;


Hi you! I bet you never expected to hear from me again. Or maybe you did. Maybe all of this time you have been waiting for me to contact you or to call or write- and maybe you've wanted to also- so many times- but you were afraid of how I would react so you didn't. Or maybe, you haven't thought twice about it- maybe it never even crossed your mind. Maybe the things that you used to say reminded you of me don't anymore- maybe when you look up and see the moon you don't wonder if I am looking at it too- or maybe when you hear a Prince song- it is just another song to you- maybe it doesn't make you think of me anymore. As much as I have grown up in the past few years and realized you and I were not meant to be as much as we both thought we were or hoped we were- I still think about you a lot. I think about the fun we used to have. I could really sit and talk with you- for hours, about anything - and I never ran out of things to say. I still catch myself thinking Oh my God I have to call ______ and tell him about that. But I don't- and you don't either- and maybe it is better this way- but I do miss you terribly- and I wish things didn't go the way they did- I wish you didn't have to turn away- because there is so many things I have to tell you and I am sure a million more we should have laughed about. But that's ok- I have my box full of memories- and I guess I can always visit you through them- I hope you are well- and I hope that sometimes.. just every once in a while you think of me... just a little...

No comments: