Saturday, September 09, 2006

Little Pickle and her "new ears"

So all of a sudden, out of the blue about a week and a half ago Little Pickle decided she "was ready" to get her ears pierced. I always told her when she was ready we could go and have them done. So one day she decided it was time. So Nana and Papa were coming over anyway that night and we decided then, we would go to the mall and have them done. So off we go. So the lady at the store went through everything with her and we picked the earrings out she wanted and got all set to go. As soon as the lady came near her with the gun, she flinched and was like "oh no no..." so the lady asked if she would feel better if she sat on Mommy's knee- so fine we got all ready again, and this time, when the lady came near her- (with a packed store to boot) she very loudly in a very concerned voice says "Mommy! I'm not ready!!" It was just priceless... So needless to say that halted everything- I wasn't going to make her do it- I didn't care if the earrings had to be thrown out that were already in the gun- fuck that I don't care... anyway so she started to get upset and I was just telling her not to worry- it's cool - we don't have to do it- so then she suggests maybe we just get some that just "stick on". So off we went to the display with all the clip on earrings and she picked out 3 pairs and she was happier than a pig in shit- it was sooo adorable.. So later that night CC called and she told him about our little outing and he told her maybe when he was home on the weekend he could take her (because he wears earrings -in one ear ) maybe she would be more receptive if he was with her- I agreed but secretly inside I was thinking yah, like fuck... anyway so when he came home this past weekend- we went and we all talked her through it. They did the first ear and I thought she was going to cry- It did hurt her and scared her I think. So after that she was done- she was all "no, no that's ok, I'm done now" and we were like we have to finish now- you only have one ear done! And she was trying to reason with us eh, it was so funny, she said "That's ok I only want one- Daddy only has one" things like that- I felt sorry for her- but soon enough we convinced her it was the right thing to do and that we had to finish- she gave in- and so now my little precious has pierced ears! Too cute- and of course, she thinks she is all that now- too sweet- so the first picture is the "fake earrings" the clip-ons, and the second one is the real deal... sniff sniff, my baby girl is growing up......

No comments: