Friday, September 29, 2006

WHAT THE???!!!

So the other day, Pickle was invited to a lunch date at her little friends house. So, to forgo any freakshows with the boys, I took them to McDonald's for lunch and we even sat in the van watching a movie while they ate to make it a bit more interesting. So, anyway, I parked in the farthest end of the parking lot, it was empty, got the boys settled and eating and sat in the front seat doing different things to amuse myself like clean out my purse, text messaged a few people etc etc. So after only being there a minute or so, another car parked a few spaces down. It was a middle aged woman I suppose, I couldn't really tell. Irregardless, I glanced at her now and again and was shocked to see that in the 7 minutes she sat there in her car (yes, I timed her- well, I happened to just look at the time when she first drove up) she consumed a big mac, a cheeseburger (could have had bacon, not sure ) a large fry, a coke (probably diet - that drives me nuts!) and an apple pie. 7 Minutes! I was horrified at the rate she was consuming her food- it was crazy.. Anyway she finished, threw the bag in the back seat and hurriedly drove off. Not 2 minutes later another car drove up and almost the exact thing happened- Ok I am not exaggerating here- but in the 45 minutes (maybe ) we sat there- 7 women - all women drove up- and remember we are in the way far back of the lot- harfed down their food in massive quantities and drove off like mad women.. what the hell? Am I missing something? Is this normal? I cannot ever say that I have done that ever- not to say, maybe some were hungry, on a short lunch break, but my guess is, because sadly most of them were on the larger side, that this is perhaps a sneaky thing- go harf down Mickey Dee's before picking the kids up from school and pretend she wasn't cheating on her diet.. I dunno- I was sitting there after a while thinking I was on Candid Camera or something- it was absolutely unreal- just crazy shit.. anyway I thought I would share.....

1 comment:

Patty said...

Isn't it amazing, that when life has a lesson to teach it will use anything, including a fast food parking lot.

Did it make you look differently at your eating habits? like, maybe, I have areas I could improve, but I am not yet THAT out of control!

I feel sorry for those women as what you discribed reminded me of someone that is needing to stuff food in to hold down all the pain in their life.

Maybe weight loss companies (and srinks) should have commercials on in those parking lots instead of television, they might get more business that way!

Loved your post, and your perspective on things!