Wednesday, September 13, 2006

SIGH>>>>>

Ok so I have been lagging in my blog entries, returning emails and everything else lately- so if I "owe" you an email- I am sorry- and if you keep checking my blogs and see nothing new, I am sorry about that too. I have been researching the problems my little man has been having and it seems to have consumed me. Those of you who have read my previous blogs will know about the blisters my little man developed all over his fingers and hands last week. Since then we went to a walk in clinic where they were no help and just recently the pediatrician who said he had some strange viral infection with a strange name that basically he could do nothing for. Not only that, but it can last from a month to 2 years and he can spread it to his siblings- I'm told not to worry about infecting others because it would take "prolonged intimate contact" not casual- now.. since hearing this I have been researching it on the net and I beg to differ with this diagnosis- first of all it looks nothing like the pictures I have seen on the net and secondly it is spreading to areas it isn't supposed to if it is what they say . I also can't figure out where the hell he would have picked this up and why the other 2 don't have it- it doesn't make sense at all. I am not comfortable without having a second opinion- not in this case, not when I am not convinced this is what it is. I have asked their Ped to give me a referral for a dematologist, but so far I have heard nothing- I don't know if Dr's get their noses out of joint if someone wants a second opinion, but it urkes me. So I have called about 50 different dermatologist anywhere close to my home and everyone wants a referral. I think my only option at this point is to take him to a hospital and maybe there I can get the answers I need. I feel so sorry for him I could cry- it doesn't seem to bother him but at night when he sleeps I see him trying to itch his fingers and he moans and it oh so heartbreaking.... So bare with me people... Dr. Jen will be back once I figure this shit out...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hang tough Jen....I think you are right about going to hospital...I also seem to find if you want immediate help then Emergency is the route if you've got the hours to spend there. I'm sure he'll be OK, poor kid.

Anonymous said...

Oh, also a suggestion is to take picture and log into some of the medical/dermatologist help websites...if you post them the picture then perhaps someone will recognize it and let you know.
Just a thought, since you are a "Cyber-Chick" !