Tuesday, January 16, 2007

ASSUMPTION

You always assumed
that I was so strong.
I was a rock.
I told you I wasn't
I told you I was breaking.
You told me I'd be fine.
You told me I'd overcome this-
and that I would be stronger from it.
I knew that wasn't so.
But I believed in your faith in me
and tried to keep going.
And when that wasn't enough to sustain me
I reached out for you-
but you walked away.
You thought I'd be fine
you thought I would pick myself up off the ground
and walk on.
But I didn't.
And you never helped me up.
You let me lay there
wallowing in despair,
drowning in my own tears
waiting for you to notice
that I wasn't with you...

2 comments:

Patty said...

Jenna,
You have a gift of not only being able to let out your feelings through words, but writting so those words benefit others. Good job, and keep it up!

Anonymous said...

You wrote well... Hopefully I am not far behind... I am just learning anyway. :)