Friday, January 12, 2007

TODAY

Today I felt
confused.
Sad.
Heavy.
I feel like I have somethng pressing on my heart
something pushing
something digging.
If I take a deep breath
I exhale tears.
Today I feel
alone.
And scared.
And unsure.
Of everything.
Today I feel
like I shouldn't have gotten out of bed.
Today
I spoke to him.
Twice.
And I was mature and concise.
And I didn't yell
or tell him I hated him
or cry.
And I wanted to do all of it.
Today we had a conversation like adults.
And he seemed relieved.
Today I felt like I was talking to a stranger.
It wasn't him.
I almost liked it.
Today I hate myself
for being weak.
And stupid.
And afraid.

1 comment:

Patty said...

The secret is to learn to love ourselves when we are stupid, and weak, and afraid, as we ALL are from time to time.

You know if you were talking to someone else and they were saying the above about themselves you would be the first to try and make them feel better about things. Do you need to punish yourself for being human/normal/real?