Wednesday, March 07, 2007

GRATEFUL

Ok this grateful moment is kinda a one shot deal- and restored my faith- ever so slightly in humanity. So yesterday the kids had their last swim class of this semester or whatever it is. So of course, we are running late- We usually get there right on time but this time we were definitely late. So anyway I pull up- get a perfect parking spot right in front of the doors which in itself was odd- and I start hearding the kids out of the van and I am rushing, grabbing my purse, the huge gym bag full of towels, hairdryer etc etc etc.. anyway and it was colder than ever out too- just freaking freezing. So Anyway I had started the van before we left with my second set of keys so when we got out of the van I should have had 2 sets of keys with me. So I thought I shoved both sets in my pocket and off we go running to get the kids into swim class. While the kids are swimming I start going through my pockets and passing time you know and I realize I only have 1 set of keys with me. So I figure I left them in the car or they fell out of my pocket in the car which incidentally happened just the day before. So swimming is over and of course it takes me forever to get the 3 of them dried and dressed and hair dried and whatnot so we are gone for over an hour before we get back to the van. I get all the kids into the van and buckle them up, and from the passenger side I look around me seat and floor to see if I dropped the keys there- nope. So I walk around to my side and see lying on the ground beside my driver's side door is my second set of keys. And it looked as though they had been stepped on- so someone definitely walked right between my van and another for sure. See, anyone could have come walking past seen the keys and said, hey- here's a free van- keys are right here- oh hey look, it comes with 3 car seats and a portable dvd player- whoo hoo! It would be like winning the lottery for some dishonest person wouldn't it? I am so lucky! Because of the fact we were parked like right in front of a main door and people are walking in and out constantly- I am sooooo lucky that no one stole my van. So I am grateful my van didn't get stolen yesterday- so so so grateful!

1 comment:

Patty said...

And surrounded by lots of loving angels that love protecting you and your things. Isn't it terrific?