Wednesday, March 21, 2007

THE STATE OF MY UNION ADDRESS

So let's see, what can I say about my "union" without being cheesey. Well, CC is still going to his meetings 3-4 times a week which keeps things in check I guess. He has since quit the job he was at which I wasn't too pleased about but understand completely. He had far too much time on his hands and was working in some not so desirable areas. I totally get why he quit but obviously wish he wouldn't have seeing as though he quit even before he got one paycheque which leaves us still struggling from day to day. He does have a new prospect on the job front, but the "when factor" is at play here- when will he get in there? Will it be this week? Next? Who knows.. it's all rather stressful to me and well, of course having him here 24/7 is ok- not like the old days where I would be climbing the walls and have a knot in my stomach- but still- the kids went back to school this week after March break and I would have liked to have gotten myself back on track- my stuff came in from the school so I can start my assignments- but just having him here- I dunno- he's kinda needy- likes to be around me all the time, wants to always know, what I'm up to, whatcha doing where ya going? It's kinds grating on my nerves ever so slightly although I would take this CC over the old one any day. So anyway so we are good- and him with the kids- holy crap- you wouldn't even know it was the same person- he is awesome- not over the top- but completely 100% better than he was- still room for improvement- but more than I ever expected. And the kids are loving it- knowing they can talk to him or ask him something without him jumping down their throats. He's been rough housing with them and my kids get freaky when you do that- like they don't know when to stop- but he keeps on with them you know - and they laugh- they laugh with their daddy- and how can you complain about that? So it's good- it's all pretty good right now- still have my guard up- still nervous sometimes, still waiting for the axe to fall some days, but for the most part, I am taking it day by day and enjoying what is, for the moment, and hoping I can say the same tomorrow....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice to see you back blogging and very nice to hear that CC is doing great. I wish I was around my dad more to see how he is doing so maybe it's a blessing that he's home with you. Either way, I'm glad to see that ya'll are working it through.

Patty said...

GREAT title!

Glad to see that things are good.