Friday, March 02, 2007

IT ONLY GOT WORSE FROM THERE....

So when last I left you all, I was up to my ass in laundry and tending to Little Man. Well, when I went upstairs after the final load (or so I thought) was in for the night, I put Curly in my bed and nestled in to his hoping Little Man was done for the evening. Little did I know, my night was far from over. About 4 a.m. Pickle came into the room, very calm and collected and said "Mama, I think I puked." I hadn't even started to fall asleep yet- so I sprang into action. Sure enough- she thought right. She had managed- as they all seem to do, to puke on everything on her bed- so here we go again- sheets, pillows, comforter, jammies- all changed- Pickle all cleaned up and now a second family puke bowl. I get that all done and head back into the boys' room and just as I walk in, Little Man is crying holding his tummy and there we go again- this time though I got the bowl under him before I had yet another bed change to do. Poor little lamb- he does not handle puking as well as the other two- he cries and cries. He even said at one point "I think I like coughing instead" meaning when he gets his "asthma colds". I felt so sorry for him. So anyway no word of a lie or exaggeration at all- for the next 3 hours I was back and forth from each room- emptying puke bowls, washing faces, rinsing mouths, consoling children- CC was up showered and off to work and I hadn't even gotten a lick of sleep yet- I was very very close to my breaking point- but what do you do? Poor little things so sick- it brought me back to the days when they were first born and I had all 3 alone to feed and burp and change every 2 hours- I was lucky back them to get an hour or two a night total. I don't know how I did that for so long alone- but I did it. Finally about 9:00 I got both back asleep, and laid my head down- thank goodness my kids like to sleep in.. Curly got up about 10:30 and I felt bad for him too because now he's feeling all better and mommy was in no mood to play star wars video games or Yu gio cards or whatever the hell those things were called. He was so good all day. I was back and forth with Pickle and Little Man, tending to them, trying to get them to drink as much as possible, etc and so on and he spent most of the day in my room watching cartoons. He was so good about it all... So there ya go.. the night form hell- every one seems pretty good now- not 100% yet, and I am still having trouble getting them to eat, but no more puking since last night.. and for that I am truly grateful.... Speaking of which (and yes, I know I still "owe" you all some pics which I still can't upload for some reason, and the updates on CC) I am starting a new "segment" in my posts here about gratitude. Every day, or at least each time I blog, I am going to put down something I am truly grateful for in my life. It kinda goes with the whole SECRET things which I know I still haven't written about yet. But, even though there are a lot of pretty screwed up things going on right now (nothing major- just the realities of life really) I am trying to focus on the positive things and stop focusing on negative ones. So, one of the ways is to be truly grateful for what you have to allow you to welcome something else. "You cannot accept anything new in your life unless and until you are truly grateful for what you already have". So, that is what I am trying to do....

1 comment:

Patty said...

Jenna,
I gotta tell you...You are the only person I know that can write about puke in such a way that I WANT to keep reading rather than excuse myself and go Puke myself. And yes, that IS a compliment!