Sunday, March 04, 2007

SECRETS 3

In my kitchen hangs a clock. It's my Christmas clock and each hour it plays a different Christmas song. Everyone asks me why I don't take it down and I tell them because I don't have another one to replace it with but the truth is, I miss Christmas. Everytime I hear one of those Christmas songs, I imagine my tree still up, wrapping presents, enjoying all the Christmasy things with the kids, and the excitement in the air. I am still angry at the fact that my last Christmas was totally fucked up and I know I have said this before but I don't feel like Christmas came at all. So by having my little Christmas clock up, for 15 seconds each hour, I can pretend it's the Christmas I missed out on last year...

1 comment:

Patty said...

I think you should have a "real Christmas" in July, when all of the stores are having their Christmas in July sales. The kids will love it, though you might have to have a potted Christmas tree instead of a cut your own.

As a grown-up, you have to put up with all the crap, so why not have the fun part of being able to do whatever you want? If I can set up a swimming pool inside in February to make me feel better why can't Jenna have Christmas in July?