Sunday, March 04, 2007

WHAT I AM GRATEFUL FOR -2

Today, I am going to talk about my in-laws. Now, you have all seen my posts or comments about the MIL. And most have not been too pleasant. I am however, very grateful that the 2 of them are in my life regardless of how crazy they can drive me. When I think about all they have done for me, for us, for the kids, it just really gives me a lump in my throat. Like today for example, I was talking to the MIL and she heard me tell Curly I had no more bread and he would have to wait til mommy ran to the store to get some. And knowing that CC was sick in bed, they ran over with a loaf of bread, plus some treats for the kids and some coffee for me. It's just things like that you know, all the little things they do all the time that makes me think, how can I complain about them when they do so much? Financially without them for the last 3 months I would be living in a van down by the river, and some may argue that it was their son who got us into this mess, but you know what even if it wasn't I bet they would still have been there for us. They have always been so good with the kids too, and all the stuff they used to help us out with when they were young, buying diapers, formula, clothes. I have never had anyone in my life ever do as much as they do for me, us, without ever expecting or wanting anything in return- never. It just makes me feel secure knowing they will always be there if we ever need them. CC's dad is the dad I never had. He will do anything for us, even the menial shitty things like mowing the grass for me or doing repairs around the house. And then he's the same guy who with all his health problems will go toboganning with me and the kids, He's really great. And even know the MIL is from a completely different cloth than I, she is there in her own little way to make things easier on me with groceries, or taking the kids over night- even if it is only once every few months. So I, (insert name here) am truly completely thankful for my in laws and grateful they are so much a part of my life. I don't know what I would do without them.

1 comment:

Patty said...

That was nice Jenna, but never feel bad about speaking your feelings. It is family that knows us well enough to push our buttons and drive us crazy insane. Because we don't like someone's behavior doesn't mean we don't appreciate having that relationship in our life. Geez, I really like me, and sometimes I get totally disgusted with my behavior and think I should be shot or something!