Thursday, March 01, 2007

MOTHER'S INSTINCTS

Since I have become a mother, I have realized the power of instincts- a mother's instincts- it is all sometimes painfully true- all those things I heard about it all the years of my life. Case and point- on a good day I can only hear out of one of my ears- the other is usually "cloudy" as I like to call it , rarely are both my ears "working" at the same time- yet somehow, some way I can be in a dead sleep with both of my ears "not working" and still hear the muffled noises from the next room of one of my babies- or is it that I just know? Curly came down with the stomach flew (yes again) a couple of days ago- the first time he puked he screamed and I went running of course - CC ended up taking Little Man into our room and I slept in Little Man's bed the rest of the night to be close to Curly- mainly because I was afraid because I couldn't hear, that he would be crying or choking and I wouldn't hear him- but each and everytime (and this went on all night- almost every hour on the hour) he would make that little noise before he puked, I was up sliding across the bed and had that bowl (you know the family puke bowl- the one every family owns) under his mouth the catch the vomit as it came out- it was like Duke's of Hazzard the way I slid across that bed- anyway just today Curly started feeling better and just when I thought the other 2 had escaped it miraculously this time, Little Man has been puking non-stop for the last few hours- the problem is- CC has to be up at 5 to go to work- I cannot and will not ask him to be a part of all of this- and number 2 Little Man is not very into the bowl thing- he cannot bring himself to vomit in a bowl- so he does it whenever and wherever he can. Now, I had 2 sets of sheets and 1 comforter for each of them- Little Man went through all of them in about a half hour- so here it is, 2:30 a.m. and I am on my 5th load of laundry because don't ya know he hit every pillow sheet and blanket on his bed every time and literally no sooner do I get one washed that I am up there getting another to bring down to wash and my dryer sucks so it takes like 2 hours to dry a load.. anyway my point is, even being down here in the basement and him being 2 floors up, the tv on and the washer and dryer going, I can hear the slightest noise, or not even, just get a feeling like I should go and check on him and every single time, even without a whimper from him, he has puked and is in need of mama.. it just amazes me.. anyway got to put another load in.. sigh... it's going to be a late night.. BTW, I am having trouble posting pics, I wanted to put some up of the wedding from the other night.. stay tuned, I'll try again tomorrow...

2 comments:

Patty said...

Keep honing these instincts Jenna. As the triplets get older your instincts will come in handy when they are trying to get away with something they shouldn't be doing. My kids quickly learned their was no point in trying to cover something up because (and this is a quote from them not me) "I don't know how you know, but you ALWAYS know!" was a totally true statement around here. Even now two of them are out of the house I still "know" when they are in need of mothering.

A Girl Called Chandler Bing said...

Poor Jenna! I'm feeling a bit nauseated just thinking about cleaning up bed puke! Thankfully my little man might puke once a year and I've trained him to run to the toilet! LOL! Hang in there mama!