Sunday, April 08, 2007

TAKE A DEEP BREATH

So on Wednesday I was back at the hospital with Little Man. Just the day before he started with a runny nose but the next day he was waking me at 6 a.m. coughing and crying. I knew it wasn't good. I kept them all home from school for the morning- no one wanted to get up anyway. So in the afternoon I took Curly and Pickle over to school and then Little Man and I were off to the hospital. Even though there was like a 3 hour wait- they took him right in- his SAT levels were so low. So we started with a mask of course and then a dose of steroids. It didn't do too much- so after another 2 mask treatments, they sent us home with a prescription for more steroids and orders to watch him to see if he got any better. So I race home, and in the meantime CC had gotten the other 2 from school- I had just enough time to get Pickle dressed and off we go to dance school. While she is in class, I run over to get Little Man's prescription filled, back to pick up Pickle and home to get everyone dinner. When I get home Little Man is crying and I could hear he was wheezing and coughing a lot. I get diner ready and realize he isn't getting any better. I pack a bag of colouring books and crayons and decide it's best to take him back- he sounded worse! Sure enough he was, his SAT levels were even lower than before... so, long story short-chest x-rays, another 4 mask treatments, and 2 more doses of steroids and we were home at 4 A.M.! They wanted to admit him but I didn't want that- so I agreed if the last mask didn't do anything we would - needless to say it it worked - he was doing much better by the time we left and I got him home and right into bed. What a long long long night- I still haven't fully caught up on all my sleep.. he's doing better though- poor little lamb... Now we just have to get Curly fixed up- waiting now for an appointment for a urologist- in JUNE! Jesus...

2 comments:

Patty said...

How scary for you! You are a strong woman ( not to mention a great mommy) Jenna. Don't let anyone ever tell you different!

A Girl Called Chandler Bing said...

Good God! My thoughts are with you..I know how scary-helpless it is when the little ones aren't well and "supermom" can't fix it! Spring is here and the breathing problems begin anew in my house too..although not nearly as frightening as yours....hang in there chicky...hugs and kisses all around